Buildings are data poor – they do not seek feedback from occupants or use technology to gather insights on daily operations and functions. Conversely, Smart Buildings have indoor positioning systems that gather and synthesize data in a way that can be useful. As a provider of Indoor positioning systems, SPREO lays down the bricks that are used to establish Smart Buildings. Using Bluetooth beacons, SPREO can assess space utilization, can track assets, can digitally establish active points of interests to improve customer and/or employee satisfaction, and more.
The ability to connect building automation systems (BAS), the Internet, and the ever-present mobile device has rocketed building integrators into an occupant-experience reformation.
A boom in business for indoor positioning systems does not need to be taken for granted. Because Bluetooth devices are the essential hardware that enables the construction of Smart Buildings, the numbers regarding the deployment of Bluetooth devices can be used to gauge the scope of the Smart Building revolution. In other words, the deployment over time of Bluetooth devices is used as a key performance indicator (KPI) for indoor positioning systems. When looking at the statistics provided by © 2019 Bluetooth SIG, Inc. a conclusion is easily discernible – the market has decided that they need indoor positioning systems:
- Bluetooth location services device Shipments are predicted to grow from 10 million annual shipments in 2016, to 170 million annual shipments in 2019, to finally to 400 million annual shipments in 2022.
- 10x growth in annual volume of Bluetooth location services by 2022
- There has been a 90% increase in Bluetooth membership growth in the last 5 years, and the growth rate is rapidly increasing.
- By 2021 40% of connected end points in commercial buildings will be smart-lighting based.
- It is predicted that by 2020 83% of companies will invest in predictive maintenance.
- 12x growth in Bluetooth asset management devices by 2022.